View and News
Views-and-News is the newsletter for the SIAM Activity Group on Optimization. Topics covered include announcements of conferences, forthcoming books, new software, electronic archives, research questions and job openings. If you would like to submit an article to this newsletter please send your contributions by email directly to one of the co-editors, Jennifer Erway and Stefan Wild. All submissions must be in Latex format and preferably in doublecolumn format.
The current issue is Volume 22, No. 2, May, 2011 'SIAM OP11'.
Not everything is working yet on this page, but will be in October 2014.
 Submission of News Items
To submit items (event announcements, book announcements, etc.) for the "Bulletin" section of Views and News, email email@example.com.
 Previous Issues
Previous issues of Views-and-News are available as PDF files. Please cite the source, if you use any of the papers included in Views-and-News.
- Volume 22, No. 2, May, 2011 'SIAM OP11'
- Volume 22, No. 1, March, 2011. 'Integer and Nonlinear Optimization'
- Volume 21, No. 2, December, 2010. 'Environmental Optimization'
- Volume 21, No. 1, October, 2010.
- Volume 20, No. 1, December, 2009. 'The Public Side Of Optimization'
- Volume 19, No. 2, December, 2008. 'SIAM OP08'
- Volume 19, No. 1, March, 2008
- Volume 18, No. 2, October, 2007. `Optimizers in Industry'
- Volume 18, No. 1, March, 2007. `Filter Methods and Optimization Software'
- Volume 17, No. 2, October, 2006. `Optimization in Medicine'
- Volume 17, No. 1, March, 2006. `Derivative Free and Surrogate Optimization'
- Volume 16, No. 1-2, October, 2005. `Algebraic Methods for Integer Programming'
- Volume 15, No. 2, October, 2004. `Sums of Squares Optimization via Semidefinite Programming'
- Volume 15, No. 1, March, 2004. `Three Interviews'
- Volume 14, No. 1, April, 2003. `Large Scale Non-Convex Optimization'
- Volume 13, No. 1, March, 2002. `Optimization under Uncertainty'
- Volume 12, No. 1, March, 2001. `Optimization and (Human) Movement'
- Volume 11, No. 2, August 2000. `Optimization in Engineering. Systems Governed by Differential Equations'
- Volume 11, No. 1, April 2000. `Globally Convergent Homotopy Methods'
- Volume 10, No. 2, May 1999. `Optimization in Finance'
- Volume 10, No. 1, February 1999. `Train Control Optimization'
- Volume 9, Fall 1997. `pPCx. Solving Linear Programs in Parallel'
- Volume 8, Fall 1996. `Solving Semidefinite Programming for Controller Design in Active Noise Control'
- Volume 7, Fall 1995
- Volume 6, Spring 1995
- Volume 5, Fall 1994
- Volume 4, Spring 1994
- Volume 3, Fall 1993
- Volume 2, Spring 1993
- Volume 1, Fall 1992
 Former Editors
- Franz Rendl 2011-2014
- Sven Leyffer 2008-2014
- Luis N. Vicente 2003-2008
- Jos F. Sturm 2002-2003
- Juan C. Meza 1996-2002
- Larry Nazareth 1992-1996
 Article Templates
The PDF hypertext files are generated using hyperTeX with the standard hyperref package, for convenient hyperlinking. Please download the VT.tgz (compressed tar ball with the current template) when preparing a manuscript. Save the file, and uncompress it using
tar xvvzf VT.tgz, insert your manuscript into
paper1.tex (included), and type
make (or use
pdflatex views several times).